Saturday, October 6, 2012

I have reached Nirvana

Yes, this blog is about Royalty.  But there are times when I digress, and the baseball season is one of those times.  It is suffice to say that I love baseball and I have loved baseball all my life. Even though I am a huge Nats fan, there will always be a special place in my heart for the Orioles.

The Baltimore Orioles are now also in the playoffs, having defeated the Texas Rangers in the Wild-card game.

Until 2005, the Baltimore Orioles were the only game in town even though they were 45 miles away. My husband was an original season ticket holder with a 13 game Sunday plan.  On Sundays, he sat in the press box, and I sat in his seat ... and I inherited the seat after he died. I  gave it up three years ago as I no longer could afford the luxury. 

We are ready, says Screech and the Bird ...and yes, that is a Screech pillow pet.  A great stress reliever during tense games!
I have achieved Nirvana.  The Washington Nationals are in the National League and the Baltimore Orioles are in the American League.  Both are in the playoffs, both could make it the World Series.  This is heaven.  This is Iowa.  If you don't understand what I mean, please rent the best baseball movie of all time, Field of Dreams.

Of course the real issue will become if both teams make it to the World Series. I think I need to stock up with Blue Moon.  Now. Cases ... and a bag of oranges.

I am ecstatic. Pure joy for this baseball fan.

GO NATS! GO Os!

1 comment:

Badger said...

I don't really follow baseball as much as I used to, but as a former Marylander, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Baltimore Orioles.