Monday, November 26, 2012

Adding to my collection

the engagement of Prince Franz Josef of Liechtenstein and Countess Gina von Wilczek

The Prince of Liechtenstein  1940s or early 1950s

An Italian postcard of Grand Duke Adolf of Luxembourg

Three new (old) postcards added to my collection.

 Do I have any readers in Liechtenstein or Luxembourg? I know there are at least 12 new postcards of the Grand Ducal family, including individual cards for the children, the engagement, and perhaps now even the wedding.   I have not seen a new Liechtenstein postcard in years.  The most recent card I have is of the Prince and Princess (he is wearing a red tie), but nothing of the Hereditary Prince and Princess and their family.  I would love to add more new cards to my collection!

2 comments:

Ron said...

Didn't you once have tea with the Prince & Princess of Liechtenstein? Or am I confused?

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Franz Josef invited me to the palace. I went in Aug 89, but Fj and Gina were both unwell but not publicly known. I did have tea there, but not with the prince and princess as both were dying. I had a tour of the schloss, and met with Hans Adam, his wife, Marie and alois and the family dog.