January 12, 1907
King Alfonso XIII has authorized the opening of a Protestant chapel in the royal palace for the use of his mother-in-law, Princess Henry of Battenberg. The king gave his permission despite vocal opposition from the Court. Princess Henry is currently a guest of the king, "pending the confinement of the Queen." The princess will now have a place to worship during her stay in Spain.