Up early on June 15th to go to Windsor for Garter Day. I had a few issues on the train line, but I managed to catch a train going in my direction, as trains were being canceled. It all worked out well, and I managed to sit down on the bench nearest to the Victoria Memorial before my friends arrived.
En route to the ticket office, I passed by my favorite bear!
We were in the queue for nearly four hours. I was walked down to the M&S to buy lunch and use the loos! Because of the train issue, I didn't have time to buy food at Paddington Station. An ice cream truck is set up at Windsor Castle solely for Garter Day. The shops are also open.
I was in the section closest to the arch that leads to the front of St. George's Chapel. This gave me the opportunity to see the procession walking toward the turn, then past it before heading toward the arch.
 |
| ITV reporter Chris Ship |
 |
| Alistair Bruce |
 |
| TRH The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester |
 |
| HRH The Duke of Kent |
 |
| Lord and Lady Andrew Lloyd Webber |
It takes time for the crowd to disperse and go through the Henry VIII Gate. My friends were already at the bench -- and then we walked to The King and Castle, where I ordered the Chicken and Maple-cured bacon salad with a Pimm's!
I am very grateful to a friend who secured a ticket for me. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment