Friday, September 18, 2026

Day 5 - June 14, 2026 The King's Gallery

June 14th - my 72nd Birthday began with breakfast at Lumi on Camden High Street.  I had the Lotus Frenchie and coffee, of course.  I walked down to the Mornington Crescent Tube station, heading toward Green Park and the King's Gallery at Buckingham Palace.  I arrived a few minutes before my friend Paul.

We spent at least 90 minutes to two hours inside the exhibition: Queen Elizabeth II: Her Life in Style.


The exhibit has been extended through April 18, 2027.













The original christening gown made in 1840 for Queen Victoria's eldest child, Victoria





















Elizabeth's wedding gown


























Coronation Gown









































































I lost Paul for a bit as I went back to the start to spend more time staring at, and appreciating in awe, the original baptismal gown that so many royal babies wore.   I also spent more time taking in the history of the Wedding and Coronation gowns.

The Royal Collection Trust has published an excellent companion book.




I bought the book in the Palace store with a few other things, and then outside, Paul hailed a cab and headed to Fortnum's for lunch.  

No comments: