Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Princess Charlene: "today I am blessed"

Earlier today, Princess Charlene of Monaco spoke by phone from the Princess Grace Hospital, with a reporter from the Nice Matin.

She expressed her intense joy at the births of the twins.  "I feel happy, relieved, proud and very excited.  I have always wanted to start a family.  It took time, but today I am blessed."

The Hereditary Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella were born 15 days early, and continue to require daily care at the hospital.  Princess Charlene and her infants should be back at the palace in time for Christmas.

"It is my wish to spend Christmas at home with my children and my husband."

She also said why she and Prince Albert chose Jacques and Gabriella as the first names for their children.  "I've always loved Jacques, a French name, but also common in South Africa."   The name Gabriella is not as well known, but "the Prince and I found it charming."

http://www.nicematin.com/monaco/exclusif-la-princesse-charlene-se-confie-pour-la-premiere-fois-sur-la-naissance-de-ses-enfant.2027874.html

The entire interview will be published in Wednesday's Nice-Matin and Monaco-Matin.

The Princess also spoke with Paris Match  http://www.parismatch.com/Royal-Blog/Monaco/Charlene-de-Monaco-l-interview-Gabriella-et-Jacques-ce-sont-eux-les-boss-desormais-671814

No comments: