Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Andrew & Sarah: the British version of the Jersey Shore

I am watching the Today Show.  Martin Bashir and Celia Walden, a columnist with the Daily Telegraph, were just on The Today Show talking about Sarah Ferguson and the Duke of York, and the current scandal about Andrew's friendship with convicted billionaire sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, and Epstein's role in helping Sarah pay off her debts.
The Today Show also had a report on the Yorks' situation.   Bashir, who conducted the famous interview with Diana, Princess of Wales, in 1995, described Andrew and Sarah as Britain's version of Jersey Shore


For the record, I have never seen Jersey Shore, but I do know about the program from Saturday Night Live, and I have seen Snooki interviewed on TV.  Bashir's comment was not a compliment.
I grew up in New Jersey and my summers were spent a  Lutheran camp in the western part of the state and then my parents would pick me up and we would head to our rented house at Ocean Beach.   I have never met anyone like Snooki. 

No comments: