Saturday, April 20, 2024

Hereditary Prince Philip's response to official announcement


Courtesy of HRH Crown Prince Alexander



"I express great gratitude to my father for the love and attention he showed to me, my family, and my brothers Peter and Alexander as the Head of the Royal Household, but also for the historical responsibility he demonstrated towards the dynasty and the crown as the Head of the Royal Household.

As the heir to the Serbian Crown, who was born in exile and declared an enemy of the state of Yugoslavia as a baby, my father, Crown Prince Alexander, achieved historically important things both for the royal house of Serbia and for our homeland.

Thanks to that, new generations of Karađorđevićs are living and being born in Serbia today, who, freed from the heavy burden of exile, live, get educated, and work in their own country.

My father enabled the return to the homeland of the remains of the deceased members of the Royal Family, who were buried in exile and ensured their state burial in the family mausoleum of the Church of St. George on Oplenac, thus fulfilling the vow of the most beloved Serbian king, Peter I Karađorđević.

In the end, by his decision, my father made it possible for us, his sons, to live in the Palace Complex in Dedinje, which was bought and built from the personal funds of my great-grandfather King Alexander I and great-grandmother Queen Maria.

This created the conditions for three generations of Karađorđevićs to live together in this house for the first time in the history of the royal house because my father was the first head of the Royal House in the history of Serbia to welcome his grandchildren.

I am extremely happy and proud of my father’s decisions, I look forward to our joint work for the further progress and development of our Royal House, for the general benefit of our people and our country."


https://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/2024/04/crown-prince-alexanders-sons-to-live-on.html

No comments: