June 7, 1923
The New York Times is reporting that former Austrian Empress Zita, and her children and her mother-in-law, Archduchess Maria Josefa, have "taken possession of the palace at Lequetio," which was formerly owned by Count Torregrosa.
The palace, in Bilbao, was given to the Empress "by public subscription."
Local authorities in the "little fishing village" organized a reception in honor of the former Imperial family's arrival. The streets were festooned with garlands, and a "Te Deum was sung in the parish church."