Wednesday, March 2, 2016

King Michael withdrawing from public life




His Majesty King Michael of Romania has undergone surgery in Switzerland.  He is suffering from chronic leukemia and epidermoid carcinoma.  The surgery was said to be successful, but he will withdraw from public life as he will undergo a "complex and lengthy treatment.

The Royal Council met in Switzerland yesterday and earlier today.

The King released a statement this morning.

 "I am certain that my daughter, Margareta, Custodian of the Crown will find the wisdom and the power to act in my behalf and to fulfill all my public duties.  I asked the Royal Council to continue in playing its role to advise the Custodian of the Crown. Mihai Rex, March 1, 2016"


Members of the Royal Council are  Prince Lorenz of Belgium, Andrew Popper, Adrian Vasiliu, Anneli Ute Gabanyi, and Ioan Luca Vlad  and Pochelon Guy, who is the secretary of the Royal Council.

My heart is so sad.  I have known the King and his family for more than 30 years.  He is a truly special man.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/2/former-romanian-king-michael-has-been-diagnosed-wi/



@Royal Family 


No comments: