Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The statement of Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills

The press office of His Majesty King Michael I is authorized to convey the following declaration of His Majesty's grandson, Nicholas:



Communiqué from His Majesty’s Press Office, 11 August 2015

The Press Office of His Majesty King Michael I has been authorised to release the following declaration on the part of His Majesty the King’s grandson, Nicholas:

 

On Sunday, 1 August 2015, His Majesty King Michael I, my grandfather, took the decision to withdraw from me the title of Prince of Romania and my place in the Line of Succession to the Crown of Romania. This decision, which I accept, comes after a period in which I have reflected on the future of the country and our Royal House, and on the rôle that I might take in their advancement.

The position of Prince of Romania and inclusion in the Line of Succession to the Crown of Romania demanded that I lead my life in a way that I found difficult to assume For this reason, with great sorrow in my soul, I believe that the decision of His Majesty the King is fitting to me. In future, I shall seek to serve my ideals and my principles in a different fashion.

I thank all those who, in the years when I was in the midst of the Romanian people, granted me their support, placed in me their trust and their hopes, and provided their assistance in projects dedicated to Romania’s advancement. In my new circumstances, I shall continue to dedicate myself to ecological, charitable and youth work, about which I have learned so many things during my time in Romania.

I also wish to thank the central and local public authorities for the openness with which they granted their support to joint projects, and above all I wish to thank my family for the love and understanding with which they have surrounded me here.
It is my hope that God will continue to protect the Romanian Nation and Crown.

No comments: