Friday, November 25, 2022

The Tudors: Art and Majesty in Renaissance England exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art


I was in New York City last weekend to visit a friend. On Saturday, we headed to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see The Tudors: Art and Majesty in Renaissance England, which runs through January 8.


I used my iPad to take photos.  I have not been able to load the photos in order from start to finish.  

Sir Thomas More
The Armada Portrait which is at Hardwick Hall



This is the final portrait in the exhibit: the Prince of Wales (Henry) son of James I



Queen Mary I

One of the first portraits - Henry VII

Edward VI
From Hardwick Hall

The Rainbow Portrait of Queen Elizabeth I (Hatfield House)



This exhibit is superb.  I spent more than an hour in the exhibit, taking my time to appreciate every portrait.

The eponymous catalog is available in a hardcover edition.



 

2 comments:

Christina O. said...

What a feast for the eyes! Thank you for this post, Marlene!

Noore said...

Looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing. Lucky you!