Monday, January 27, 2020

A message from the Grand Duke of Luxembourg

© Cour grand-ducale / Marion Dessard


Message from HRH the Grand Duke :

"I am writing to you from my brother-in-law’s bedside in an intensive care unit in Geneva.

Out of a desire for openness, transparency and modernity, I agreed that the internal analysis proposed by the Prime Minister should go ahead.

As we await publication of the report, and indeed throughout this process, articles have appeared in the media making unfair accusations against my wife, the mother of our five children and a devoted grandmother. This is taking its toll on my whole family.

Why attack a woman?
A woman who speaks up for other women?
A woman who is not even being given the right to defend herself?

Since I came to the throne, it has been our shared desire to help modernise our constitutional monarchy, and we wish to continue to contribute to this process.

© Cour grand-ducale / Marion Dessard


The causes my wife has fought for, which I have always supported and which we will continue to fight for, are vitally important. This work includes campaigning against dyslexia, fighting sexual violence, improving the status of imprisoned children in Africa, helping to develop microfinance and promoting education for young girls and women. I am proud of the commitment, intelligence and energy my wife brings to bear in all this work. The devotion she has shown over the past 39 years to serving our country by my side is exemplary and is of essential importance to me.

We will continue to serve you; to be there for you and for Luxembourg. Especially at this crucial time when our children are setting out on a family life of their own, we feel bound as parents to ensure that they can make the most of these precious years as our heirs.

Henri
Grand Duke of Luxembourg

Geneva, 26 January 2020"


https://today.rtl.lu/news/luxembourg/a/1457676.html


https://today.rtl.lu/news/luxembourg/a/1462274.html

4 comments:

Unknown said...

آرسنال مباشر

Bridget =) said...

what exactly are they accusing her of? abusing state funds?

Diane Lynch said...

As far as I can tell, she’s accused of being bossy.

1971 said...

Also mass staff resignations, possibly 1 suicide. And the unnecessary expense of palace staff travelling to Paris, where Maria Teresa mostly resides, to enable her to perform her official duties.