Thursday, October 5, 2017

Royal Wedding in Serbia

I  wish I were in Belgrade right now. I should be, but it was a financial no go ... which meant that I will miss out on the wedding of Prince Philip of Serbia and Danica Marinkovic, which takes place on Saturday at the Cathedral Church of St. Michael the Archangel.

The first thing I would have done (after checking in) was head straight to Ice Box at Knez Mihailova 52, an awesome ice cream shop.  I would have taken my ice cream and walked over to Kalemegdan, the fortress, that offers a magnificent view of the confluence of the Sava and Danube Rivers.

I am so happy for Philip and Danica as they being their new lives together.  They are expected to divide their time between London and Paris and Serbia.  Prince Philip works in finance in London.   Danica studied painting and Slavic studies in Paris and has a master's degree in graphic design in England.

It was the love of art that brought the young couple together.  It was at the wedding of Philip's cousin, Prince George, in July, that they went public as a couple.  Their engagement was announced a few weeks later.

The wedding will be celebrated over three days.  The first event will be a gala dinner at the Royal Palace tonight at 8:30 p.m.

The bride will be wearing a gown designed by Serbian-born Roksanda Illncic.  The gown will be "reminiscent" of Danica's "sensibility and character."

http://www.royalfamily.org/royal-family/hrh-prince-philip/


http://www.royalfamily.org/future-princess-danica-promoting-serbia/

No comments: