Sunday, July 23, 2017

Day one in Sweden

 I arrived in Sweden on Sunday July 9  after a 5.5 hour layover in London.   Thank goodness I was in Terminal 5 with good eats and shopping.  I arrived in Stockholm just after 3 p.m..  I was picked up by my publisher and good friend Ted Rosvall.  I  stayed with Ted and his wife at their summer home on Djurö,  a part of the archipelago near Stockholm  (about an hour by bus).  I can see the Baltic sea from the kitchen window -- and yes, I have gone swimming.

We headed straight for Haga Park, near Stockholm.  Crown Princess Victoria and her family live at Haga.  The house and its grounds are private. There are cameras and discreet security, but no Jersey barriers.

The park itself is open to the public.   The family cemetery is at Haga,  Crown Princess Margareta was the first to be buried at Haga.  The cemetery is open on Thursdays for several hours.







Gustav III's Pavilion









the white building is Haga Palace, the home of the Crown Princess and her family






2 comments:

The Blessed Virgin said...

Did you have access to the royal graves nearby ?

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

the cemetery is open 1-3 on Thursdays.