Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back home

Royal Musings was on holiday last week as I was in London and in Chichester. I met up with friends and I also had lunch with my publisher, Ted Rosvall, to talk about projects, etc. My next book will be on the descendants of Grand Duke Adolphe of Luxembourg, scheduled for the fall of 2010. While in London, I saw the movie Young Victoria (good, but a few doozies of mistakes), a revival of Carousel and a superb production of Hay Fever, starring my favorite actress, Dame Diana Rigg.
I shopped, bought a few books, and treats for the kitties. I found a few new royal postcards, and I visited several exhibitions, including the Last Debutantes exhibit at Kensington Palace. I also saw the Bruegel exhibit at Buckingham Palace. On Sunday, my last full day, my friend Paul and I were planning to go to Hampton Court, but the trains were not running to Hampton, so we went to plan B, which was to visit the Tower. Neither of us had been there in at least 20 years. After that, we took a cab to Fortnum and Mason for Afternoon tea, and then a nice, long walk through St. James's Park, and down the Mall to see the new statue of the Queen Mother.

The trip was too short, but I know I will be back again in the not-to-distant future.

1 comment:

glamah16 said...

Sounds like the perfect , yet productive, get away.