Friday, June 23, 2023

Coronation Robes at Buckingham Palace-

Embed from Getty Images

 Call me crazy, but I want to go to London in early September for three nights!  Why?  Buckingham Palace will feature King Charles III and Queen Camilla's robes as well as her dress as a part of the palace tour, which closes on September 24.   

My plan is to fly to London on September 11 and return on the 15th.  I will be retired but a nice gift to celebrate that milestone.  I was in London for 10 days in the spring for the Coronation.  I want to see the robes because I doubt I will ever have another chance.


https://www.rct.uk/visit/buckingham-palace



Just two weeks to go before I leave my job and settle into retirement

6 comments:

Alaskandee said...

I think that is a wonderful idea and i am envious! Dee in alaska

princess said...

Happiest Retirement to You!! What an amazing milestone and enjoy your trip. Can I be selfish and hope you will now publish even more content? Regards!!

Brent said...

Why not Marlene!! I bought my tickets for the day it opens on July 14, my only disappointment was that I couldn't get tickets for the first time slot at 9am and have to wait until 1030am...lol

Andrea said...

I hope the best for you.

Cu

Andrea

Diane Lynch said...

So glad you mentioned this! I too will be in London in September AND it’s also my retirement celebration trip! I just booked our Palace tickets plus tickets for the garden tour afterward. Really looking forward to seeing the robes and gown. We also have tickets to the Chanel show at the V&A that week. It’s going to be a great trip!

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Diane, I have my ticket for the palace and garden tour and the Air BnB but watching the airfare, waiting for a little drop