Tuesday, June 21, 2016

A visit to Hever Castle

Hever Castle in Kent (Anne Boleyn's childhood home)  was on my must-see list for some time.  My friend Katrina and I visited the castle when I was in the UK earlier this month.  Of course, it rained, on and off.   The house and estate were restored by the American-born William Waldorf Astor, 1st Viscount Astor. Since 1983, the property has been owned by Broadland Properties Ltd.

The rose garden is absolutely breathtaking.    So happy that I could check Hever off my bucket list.

http://www.hevercastle.co.uk/



































































































Henry VIII

























































1 comment:

julaine said...

The gardens are gorgeous and your photos are stunning. Most have been a wonderful day.