Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Photos of Lady Iris

Marlene and Lady Iris in Toronto


Lady Carisbrooke and Lady Iris   Marlene A Eilers Koenig Collection

de Laszlo portrait  Photo by Marlene A. Eilers Koenig

Digging through my photo archives, I found one of the photos of Lady Iris and myself, taken in her garden in Toronto in the summer of 1981. The other photo is a portrait of Lady Iris that hung on the wall of her home. She also had on display the de Laszlo portraits of her parents, the Marquess and Marchioness of Carisbrooke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Marlene,

Thanks for these photos.
They are quite moving.

I remember hearing reference of her meeting the Queen after the funeral of the late Earl Mountbatten of Burma. From what I gather, both of them were very emotional.

I'm not certain that I have remembered this correctly.

Forgive me for any errors.