Nicholas Medforth-Mills traveled to Aubonne, Switzerland, on Tuesday in an attempt to see his critically ill grandfather, King Michael of Romania. Nicholas, the son of the King's second daughter, Princess Helen, allegedly attempted to enter King Michael's home, where he allegedly forced open the door, and assaulted three people, including Royal House staff.
According to a spokesman for the Royal House, Nicholas, 32. who had been stripped of his royal title and succession rights in August 2015, allegedly forced open the door of the house. News reports state that he "physically and verbally assaulted" three people, and one suffered several injuries.
In a statement to the media, the spokesman said: "His Majesty has made it clear for several months that he refuses to see his grandson, and this has been told to Mr. Medforth-Mills repeatedly."
An hour before the incident, the 96-year-old King, who suffers from chronic leukemia, received religious leaders and was given the sacrament of Holy Communion.
The Royal House has filed a complaint with the Swiss police.
Mr. Medforth-Mills responded with his own statement:
"I'm deeply saddened and do not understand the aggression of CR to do my best to prevent me from seeing my grandfather and discredit my image. I will not go into this dirty game. I will choose to respect my grandfather in these difficult moments because that's right and so is Christian. I come as the grandson of the King and I just want to see him. If it's the last time I get here if he is in a better condition, then I'd like to see it. If it is not, then I want to say goodbye to him for the last time. "
Romanian historian Dan Falcan says the Royal House's decision to forbid Nicholas to see the king is "incomprehensible."
The first link is the statement from the Royal House.