Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Day 6 and the Big Decision


May 3 - Day six   This would be the day Pam and I would make our Coronation decision.  This would not happen until later in the day after we met up on the Mall.

I headed to St. James's Street to get a coffee and a muffin at Costa because getting on the Overground and making my way to Kensington Palace, where a friend works.   There was a huge line for the new exhibit Crown to Couture, which closes on October 29, 2023.  It is the largest exhibit that Kensington Palace has ever mounted.






Orange kitty back out.  


I arrived at Kensington Palace shortly after 10:30 and went to the visitor's desk to give my friend's name.  She came down to get me -- and whisked me into the palace.  A quick chat before she had to head off to her station.  We would meet up again in Victoria's rooms




Crown to Couture "draws fascinating parallels between the world of today’s red carpet and the Georgian Royal Court in the 18th century."




























the lighted mirror is part of the exhibit ... FYI  That is a Ralph Lauren top, by the way
















Most of these jewels were paste



Hey, why can't I go in!!!!   





































nearly the entire space that is available for exhibitions was used for Crown to Couture, including the Cupola Room where Queen Victoria was baptized





























Georgian Twitter!!!!!!!

In 2022, the emerald tiara was on display at Sotheby's














and now in the Victoria Rooms



The Princess Feodora portrait is on loan to Buckingham Palace so this miniature is on display until the portrait is returned.   





I never  get bored visiting the Victoria rooms, although the exhibit is now a lot smaller


The Red Saloon where the Accession Council met and Victoria was proclaimed Queen



The Sunken Gardens







So many choices but decided on the Victoria sponge cake,  a pot of tea, and Victoria Lemonade

Headed to the Mall where Pam was waiting for me as she met several women who 
invited us to join them.  Okay ... I think we are doing this --two nights on the Mall ... It will be fun.  Pam had invited me to join her and her two friends for dinner at Hobson's Fish & Chips on Porchester Road. We started the journey by subway, but there were serious delays on the Circle Line so we got a cab to the restaurant, where we made further plans for camping out


 https://www.hobsonsfishandchips.com/

I had been battling an upper respiratory and saw my doctor before I left.  She prescribed (Zithromax Z-Pak, Montelukast, and a nasal spray.  I still had a stuffed nose before I left so my doctor wrote another Z-pak prescription, telling me to use it only if I needed it.

Wednesday night  I needed it.   I was not feeling well and realized I had a slight fever when I got back to Walthamstow.  I took the first two pills (a five-day regimen) and went to sleep.  

Z-Pak went to battle.  

https://www.hrp.org.uk/kensington-palace/whats-on/crown-to-couture/

2 comments:

Shinjinee said...

The sack dress is gorgeous, especially from the back.

Christina O. said...

What a trooper you are...amazing!