Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Covering the Swedish royals

Here is a selection of photos I took of Queen Silvia and King Carl XVI Gustaf in the 1980s.



Yes, that's me chatting with Queen Silvia








































The first time that I ever met the King and Queen was at JFK Airport in November 1982, accompanying a Swedish journalist, who shared space in the Daily Telegraph's office in the Associated Press's building (50 Rockefeller Center).  I was a news librarian with the AP at the time.  Lars (cannot remember his last name, but he may have written for Expressan) asked if I would like to go with him ... my boss said okay, so off I went.

All I had in those days was a 110 camera ... as you can see from the black and white photos, I fumbled for my camera ... and Queen Silvia asked me to sit next to her.

An AP Photographer also came with us, and he took the black and white photos, which he gave me.




Queen is talking to me .. really

My photo with my 110 Camera
Not sure when I took this - 80s - I need to check the negative file

April 1988

1988 

1 comment:

pfwindsor said...

I love this story 🙂