Thursday, October 23, 2014

Carl Philip to marry Sofia on June 13, 2015

Photo: Erika Gerdemark, royalcourt.se
The Swedish court has released the date of the wedding of HRH Prince Carl Philip of Sweden.
 
The wedding of Prince Carl Philip and Miss Sofia Hellqvist will take place on Saturday 13 June 2015. The couple have chosen the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace of Stockholm as the venue for their wedding. 
"We are looking forward to a summer wedding in the middle of June, when Sweden is extremely beautiful," said Prince Carl Philip and Miss Sofia Hellqvist. "This will be a big day for us, and we are absolutely delighted."
 
The engagement between Prince Carl Philip and Miss Sofia Hellqvist was announced on 27 June 2014.
 
This will be the last royal wedding in Sweden for many years.   Thinking about going to Stockholm for this event (for all sorts of reasons). My 61st birthday is the following day.
 
Have never been to Stockholm, but it has been on my list of places to see.  Will what airfares are like after January 1 before making a decision.   It will be interesting to see who is invited (this is not state occasion, as Carl Philip is third in line to the throne), and if there will be crowds to cheer the newlyweds.
 
 

3 comments:

Bill said...

Stockholm is a very beautiful city. Royal Palace tour is very interesting

Maureen said...

I think you should go. Things have a way of happening for you. This will be a Grand Occasion and you should like Stockholm, even if Swedish summers can sometimes be wet. Knowing your connections, I wouldn't be surprised if you were invited to a reception or the concert they are sure to have. Plan on it working out, and your fans will be waiting for pics and a report.

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

it is the cost of the trip. I had to replace my heating/ac system this year (nearly $7000) which I had to take out of my retirement fund to pay for it. I will have to pay income tax (no penalty as I am older than 59.5) on it - so I expect my refund will be wiped out .. so no overseas for 2015.