Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 1995 The Happiest day of my life



My uncle gave me away

Something borrowed, something blue, a lucky sixpence in your shoe: a real sixpence given to me by an English friend.



Our first dance: Take me out to the Ballgame   

the gorgeous cake with the Lenox bridal figurine cake topper

Bill and I were married at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Alexandria, and our reception was held at the American Legion Hall, catered by Gadsby's Tavern.  The wait staff was in colonial garb.
I found my gown at Gossypia, a boutique in Alexandria, in the clearance rack ... made in Paris, France. 

Inspired by John Frederick Henry Bacon's The Wedding Morning.  This portrait was the cover of my wedding invitation.  Several years ago, at a framing shop in Alexandria, I found a framed copy, now hanging in my living room.

7 comments:

Bea said...

Lovely photos, you look very happy. Bea

phoebes in santa fe said...

Happy Anniversary!

Johan said...

Happy day!! Sorry your time together wasnt longer :(

juan said...

Happy Anniversary ! You looked a royal bride !

John said...

Lovely! Thank you for sharing that special day. I hope the good memories give you comfort.

Lindy D. said...

You were a beautiful bride!!

Lisa said...

Marlene - thank you for sharing your wedding photos! So good to see you and Bill so happy. Glad to give thanks for the happiness you had together! xo