Sunday, April 10, 2011

Royal cattiness!

I like looking at Feedjit from time to time to see where my readers are coming from.  If the connection is via a link from a message board, I like to click on the link to see how the connection got started.  Last evening, I clicked on a link on a board I had never heard of, and soon wondered why people purporting to be interested in royalty could be so mean to each other and about the royals.   The board, which will remain nameless, is run by and for the Emmie Slatteries of the world.  Serious slut puppies and fishwives, the type of women who are bullies in the real word, women for whom every day is the wrong time of the month.   Mean spiritness and maliciousness are the norm.

The postings are nasty, crude, cruel, and missing an element of intelligence.  These chicky babes know absolutely nothing about royalty, but think they do.  No royal is safe from the menopausal harpies on the message board.   The Crown Princess of Denmark is the recipient of the most vitriolic comments as many of the posters thinks they know all (and tell all) about Mary and Frederik, and how unhappy they are, and so on and so forth.    The forum provides no transparency for accuracy or fact checking, just pure drivel,  and an overabundance of hairballs.

6 comments:

Pam said...

I'm with you. I think I stumbled across this board a few months ago and was shocked at the vitriolic rhetoric. What a waste.

Anonymous said...

lol - there's a TON of websites/blogs out there that are like this. It's easier for some people to act all "big and bad" behind the anonymity of their com-puter screens - it would be interesting to personally watch some of these fools in real life - how they interact with their bosses, co-workers, family, friends, etc. I'm 99.99999999% sure that the vitriol displayed in online forums doesn't translate well in real life, and for many, that vitriol would result in a severe "check yourself/wreck yourself" moment ..

Badger said...

I know the board you're talking about too.

FTR, there are royals they like - Victoria and Daniel, for example.

judy said...

LOVE the Emmie Slattery reference!

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Thanks, E/j I can imagine some people are scratching their heads over the reference to Emmie Slattery.

judy said...

I always thought she was just 'loose' and clueless, but that can certainly lead to malicious and mean-spirited. I wonder how she ever got Jonas to marry her after she lost that baby?