Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sarah says she did for a friend

Oh come on, Sarah, you can do better than this. In her first interview since the scandal broke, Sarah, Duchess of York, told Oprah Winfrey "I haven't faced the devil in the face. I was in the gutter at that moment ... I'm aware of the fact that I'd been drinking. I was not in my right place. I don't know if I'm ready to see it."
Winfrey did, however, play the tape for Sarah, who speaking in the third person: "I feel really sorry for her."

Sarah said she had been introduced to the News of the World journalist, who was playing a married businessman in India. Sarah told Winfrey that she met him through a friend. "He had come from a friend of mine, and he'd come very highly recommended from four different people. A friend of mine needed $38,000 urgently, and he said he'd give the money for my friend."

Sarah acknowledged that she is "substantially in debt... I think I've got a huge uphill battle. I was so out of my mind. I have to say to you that this has been building up to a crescendo of such spiraling, that I've tried so hard to keep up the treadmill of life. I've been living, trying to be the Duchess of York. [Living] beyond my means. Yes."
She admitted that she was "looking for the quick fix in places that I wouldn't normally look." Her debt had escalated to the point that she no longer could afford the rent on her home, and she had to move in with Andrew, who gave her a "room in his house."
"We are divorced and I don't want to keep being a burden on him. I feel I can come back from this. It may take a long time, but I'm going to give it a shot."

Reality check, Sarah: you are not the Duchess of York. You are Sarah, duchess of York. You are not royal. You are not a member of the Royal family. You have no special rank. You have got to come up with something better than wanting to help a friend who needed money ...
and ..

PS .. time to find new friends.

1 comment:

DW said...

She did it for a friend? Yeah, riiiiight. Newsflash for Sarah: you are not believable. You may think you can "reinvent" yourself in the USA, but that usually only works once.