Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Call me Crazy!

I am the catcher on my church's softball team. We play in the spring and fall leagues in Alexandria. Last October was warm throughout the entire month, and we didn't mind those late games.
Tonight -- like last week -- we played at 9 p.m. Games are scheduled for 6:30, 7:45 and 9:00 p.m.
It was cold and windy last week when we won 26-7. It was very cold and very windy tonight. I bundled up before I left the house: a pullover, a wool sweater, my heavy Walt Disney World hooded sweatshirt, and one of my woolen Icelandic jackets. Plus a hat and gloves, handwarmers in the jacket pockets, and my big and warm Orioles blankie.
This was the last game of the season, and we won't know until tomorrow if we made the playoffs. (We made the playoffs last year, but lost in the first game. We didn't mind the loss because it was sooooooo cold, and we could get to the bar faster.)
Tonight we won 16-6.
I am just about to have a nice large mug of hot chocolate topped with whipped cream. I deserve it.

Volleyball season starts in December. Thankfully, it's not beach volleyball!

No comments: